Fish dishes by Sanjeev Kapoor
Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, India’s best known chef, is also the celebrity host of TV show Khana Khazana, author of best selling cookbooks, has restaurant franchisees in India and abroad and is the winner of several culinary awards. His mission is evident: to make Indian cuisine the number one cuisine in the world.
Fish fillets (preferably surmai)
1½ inch long fingers: 600 grams
Red chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
Salt: To taste
Carom seeds (ajwain): 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste: 2 tablespoons
Garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Gram flour (besan): 1 cup
Oil: To deep fry
Chaat masala: 1 teaspoon
Lemons, cut into wedges: 2
1. Take the fish fingers in a bowl. Add red chilli powder, salt, carom seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, gram flour and mix well. Set aside.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Break an egg into the fish mixture and mix.
4. Put the fingers, a few at a time, into the hot oil and deep fry till almost done. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
5. Deep fry again just before serving till golden and crisp.
6. Drain and place on an absorbent paper. Serve hot with lemon wedges.