Orange is one of the most favorite fruit in the world. Orange is loaded with vitamins, and the most abundant vitamin in orange is Vitamin C. This powerful vitamin protects our body against harmful elements.
1. Beta-carotene, another powerful antioxidant that protects our cells from being damage.
2. Calcium that helps protects and maintains the health of our bone and teeth.
3. Folic Acid for proper brain development.
4. Magnesium helps maintain blood pressure.
5. Potassium helps maintain electrolyte balance in the cells, and is important in maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system.
6. Thiamin helps to convert food into energy.
7. Vitamin B6 helps support the production of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body.
Nutritive Values: Per 100 gm.
· Vitamin A: 190 I.U.
· Vitamin B : Thiamine .08 mg.;
· Vitamin C: 49 mg.
· Calcium: 33 mg.
· Phosphorus: 23 mg.
· Potassium: 300 mg.
Orange is Beneficial in the following cases:
· Prevent kidney stone
· Helps lower cholesterol
· Helps prevent diabetes
· High blood pressure
· Persons addicted to alcohol have found that the desire for liquor is greatly reduced by drinking of orange juice.
· Consumption of large quantities of oranges will decrease the outpouring of mucus secretions from the nose.