- 3 teacups plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 teacup milk, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 level teaspoon fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon aniseed (saunf), powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ghee for cooking
1. Add the sugar to the milk and sprinkle yeast over it. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
2. Sieve the flour with the salt in a bowl and add the aniseed powder. Pour the yeast mixture on top and knead well. Add a little water if needed to make a soft dough.
3. Cover and set aside in a warm place for approximately 45 minutes. Knead again.
4. Divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Shape into balls and roll out into rounds about 125 to 150 mm. (5″ to 6″) diameter. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Now cook on a tava with ghee until light brown.
6. Serve hot.